COMPANY INFORMATION

HISTORY

1950 Odawara Machine Works, Ltd. was founded in Odawara city, Kanagawa
1956 Plant was newly completed in Odawara city.
1966 Technical assistance contract with Possis Corporation (USA) was concluded for production of armature motor winding machines.
1972 Terminated the technical assistance contract with Possis Corporation. Technical assistance contract with Baltzer & Droell KG (STATOMAT) West Germany was concluded for production of induction motor stator winding machine.
1976 Established plant in Kaisei to produce electric motor assembling machines. At the same time expanded and renovated Odawara plant for exclusive production of apparatus division.
1977 Terminated the technical assistance contract with Baltzer & Droell KG (STATOMAT).
1979 Segregated apparatus division to be in Odawara Machine Works, Ltd. and electric machinery division to be in Odawara Engineering Co., Ltd. independently.
Established Odawara Engineering Co., Ltd.

1980 Added new production facilities in Kaisei plant.
1984 Takayuki Tsugawa was inducted as President and Representative Director.
1986 Purchased an American company, OTT-A-MATIC,INC., changed name to Odawara Automation Inc. and began operations in the U.S.A.
1988 Established Odawara Automation Nagaoka., Ltd. In Nagaoka, Niigata Prefecture, as a subsidiary production facility.
1989 Completed construction of new head office building(current Kaisei plant).
1990 Moved the headquarters factory of Odawara Automation Inc. to Tipp city, Ohio, U.S.A.
1991 Completed No.2 plant of Odawara Automation Nagaoka., Ltd. Registered stocks on the over-the-counter market
2003 Opened Shanghai representative office in Shanghai, China
2004 Listed stocks onto JASDAQ (Stock Exchange) from the over-the-counter market.
2010 Noburo Miyawaki was inducted as the President and Representative Director.
2011 Opened Guangzhou representative office in Guangzhou, China.
2013 Purchased new plant site with factory buildings in Matsuda, Kanagawa prefecture to accommodate expanding production capacity and enhancing productivity with advanced IT function. Moved head office and factory into the Matsuda-Machi, Ashigarakami-Gun, Kanagawa prefecture. Acquired Royal Electric Co., Ltd. including Taga Manufacturing Co., Ltd. to run as subsidiary
2014 Completed entrance tower building and an assembly plant at headquarter factory.
2016 Royal Electric Co., Ltd. become a wholly owned subsidiary company in share exchange in 2016
2017 Opened German Representative Office in Muenchen, Germany.
2019 Selected as "The Driving Company for the regional future" by Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry.